Ariana Armendariz is a freelance wardrobe costumer and stylist based in Los Angeles. She specializes in commercial, TV, music, and celebrity styling.
Ariana graduated from FIDM in 2007, but got an early start to her styling career during her final year at school when she was hired to work on Justin Timberlake’s FutureSex/LoveSounds tour. Since then, she has helped style artists like Chris Brown, Neyo, Lady Gaga, and Rihanna for tours and award shows.
While she has a knack for styling men and up-and-coming celebrities, her love of fashion and style goes well beyond the red carpet. She has worked on major network television shows like Modern Family and American Idol (Season 12 and 13), as well as successful commercial campaigns for national brands such as NBA2K, Walmart, Volkswagen, H&R Block, and Wendy’s. She has also worked with charities like Stand Up to Cancer and It’s On Us.
Ariana is a member of the Motion Picture Costumers local union 705.
Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising Los Angeles, Ca.
Major: Visual Communications June 2007
Member, Motion Picture Costumers Union, Local 705
Talented, creative, and reliable costumer with extensive credits in music videos, television, commercials,touring and advertising. Excellent eye for detail and style, with compelling ability to use clothing and accessories to complete character development. Personable, hard working, and organized, even under pressure. Excellent planner and project manager with first-rate research and analysis capabilities. Can be counted on to grasp new ideas quickly and meet deadlines consistently.
Costumer | Stylist Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, Ca.
- Selects clothing and accessories for a wide array of clients and characters in commercials, television, music videos, and celebrity appearances.
- Meets and collaborates with celebrities, directors, actors, and fashion executives to identify, style, and fit the look needed to complete character development.
- Shops at stores, boutiques, costume houses, thrift shops, and other venues for clothing and accessories.
- Maintains wardrobe while touring.
- Maintains inventories and cost records, and manages petty cash.
- Monitors receipts and other paperwork.
- Follows through to ensure that projects are completed on time and well done.